Sunday, June 3, 2007

Happiness is Flying Stand-By


Just a quick hello from Hong Kong... I landed about 15 minutes ago, and will re-boarding in an hour for Singapore. This was the longest of my 3 flights... about 14 hours. It went by very quickly; I popped 2 benadryls as we were taking off and was out before I knew what hit me. I had quite a fiasco trying to board my plane in San Francisco, apparently my ticket was automatically canceled because of a US Airways error made, and the flight was fully booked. Singapore Airlines couldn't help me, I was told that I had to take it up with US Airways. I called them and they couldn't help me either because I'm traveling on a paper ticket and they can't pull that up on their computer system. They told me I had to see a US Airways ticket agent in person, except it was midnight and there was no agents to be had until 6am (plus my flight was supposed to be at 2am!). The poor men at Singapore Air finally took pity on me after I started crying and put me on stand-by... I even ended up getting a window seat so I can't complain. I'm still on stand-by for Singapore to Mania, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I really thought that I was going to be headed back to Santa Rosa on the 3am Airporter :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ali, I was soooo sorry to hear about that. I love you and hope you get there and back! Can't wait to hear more.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you made it there safe and sound despite the craziness of the flight! Here's to hope that this is the only thing that goes wrong on your trip. :)

Anonymous said...

See honey...I always told you crying will get you anything you want!!!

Auntie Cheryl said...

Glad to hear you are there safe and sound. Love the tears. Tears and brains will get you far! Be safe and have a great time. Autnie Cheryl

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it! What a headache. Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Yo exoctic momma! I'm lovin your blog. You have to show me how to do this! Sounds like you are off to a roaring start. Can't wait to hear about the undersea life. Stay away from those tiger sharks! Either that or grab a dorsel fin, kick your underwater spurs and go for a ride!

Johnny Bazzano